Diabetes & Quantified Self:
- The Unreasonable Effectiveness of the QS Show & Tell - Nice discussion of the value of sharing QS projects and results.
- QS Guide: Testing Food with Blood Glucose - Guide to blood sugar measurements (not new info for diabetics) and links to a bunch of recent articles by people measuring their blood sugar. Mostly non-diabetics, but quite interesting.
Health & Aging:
- Fisetin - a nice review of the history and recent clinical trials on Fisetin as a senolytic agent for general improvement of health and blood sugar control in diabetes.
- Cream Cheese: A Homemade Ice Cream Miracle Worker - Never would have thought of this, but between the slightly sour taste and stabilizers that reduce ice crystal nucleation and growth, cream cheese can be a great substitute for heavy cream or yogurt in ice cream. I tried it out and really enjoy it in ice creams with a Philadelphia base.
- Will Any Crap We Put into Graphene Increase Its Electrocatalytic Effect (paywall) - one of the most entertaining chemistry papers I've ever read, an insightful critique of research into cataltyic graphene and other "hot" research topics, and backed up by data to boot.