For those checking the dates, I'm posting these with a 1-week lag.
What I'm tracking
- Method: Apple watch + Autosleep app
- Metrics: total time, heart rate variability, pulse (sleeping vs. waking)
- Blood glucose:
- Method: Dexcom G6 CGM
- Metrics: fasting BG, Avg. BG, coefficient of variation, time 70-140 mg/dL, time <60 mg/dL
- Method: scale + Renpho tape measure
- Metrics: weight, waist circumference, BMI, waist/height
- Other blood:
- Method: Hemocue 801, Cardiocheck PA, Omron 10
- Metrics: hemoglobin, cholesterol, blood pressure, pulse
- Method: Vessel
- Metrics: biotin, ketones, pH, vitamin C, magnesium, hydration, & cortisol
- Sleep improved again this week, despite traveling Monday-Wednesday and I continue to feel much better/less tired than before I started going to bed at a consistent time.
- Still noticing that I'm waking up earlier than preferred, though it's not always showing up in the data (probably b/c I stay in bed trying to go back to sleep). I'm starting an experiment this week to test ways to stay asleep longer, so I'll need to make sure I measure wake-up time correctly.
- Blood glucose:
- Fasting BG spiked up this week, likely due to travel Monday-Wednesday. I ate much later those days (8p vs. normally 5p), which led to a higher fasting BG.
- Rest of BG stats were ok, but not great, again likely related to traveling and less controlled meals.
- Still seeing steady drop in weight and waistline. I'm very happy with my progress here.
- Hemoglobin in dead center of normal. Starting to look like those high points were anomalies.
- Cholesterol (total, LDL, and HDL) looks like it's holding steady. Numbers are decent, but could be better. I may target this for intervention after my sleep study.
- Blood pressure seems to be trending down. Will keep an eye on.
- Nothing interesting in this data. My values for biotin, pH, & Vitamin C are outside of the "normal" range, but I haven't been able to find any literature indicating that this is even correlated with medical issues I would be concerned about.
- In 6 tests, I've only gotten a reading on cortisol three times. That measurements seems to be extremely unreliable.
- All-in-all, I'm not getting much value out of the vessel tests. I've finished out the pack I bought and won't be continuing these stop.
Active & Planned Experiments
- Comprehensive bloodwork:
- Goal: Establish baseline for a broad range of biomarkers and check overall health
- Approach: WellnessFX Premium panel
- Status: Got the results, need to analyze and write up.
- Testing methods of sleeping longer:
- Goal: Determine interventions that will enable me to stay asleep longer
- Approach: Melatonin?, will ask in several forums to get suggestions
- Status: posting in forums this week
Data Processing & Visualization. Data was visualized using Tableau.