For those checking the dates, I'm posting these with a 1-week lag.
What I'm tracking
- Method: Apple watch + Autosleep app
- Metrics: total time, heart rate variability, pulse (sleeping vs. waking)
- Blood glucose:
- Method: Dexcom G6 CGM
- Metrics: fasting BG, Avg. BG, coefficient of variation, time 70-140 mg/dL, time <60 mg/dL
- Method: scale + Renpho tape measure
- Metrics: weight, waist circumference, BMI, waist/height
- Other blood:
- Method: Hemocue 801, Cardiocheck PA, Omron 10
- Metrics: hemoglobin, cholesterol, blood pressure, pulse
- Method: Vessel
- Metrics: biotin, ketones, pH, vitamin C, magnesium, hydration, & cortisol
- With my family back home, my sleep came right back up to normal. I'll have to tell my wife she's not allowed to go on trips anymore :)
- I'm feeling much better/less tired during the day now that I'm going to bed at a consistent time. However, over the last week, I noticed I'm waking up earlier and earlier (total change ~30 min.) despite going to bed at the same time. I'd like to test out some interventions to see if I can stay asleep longer.
- Blood glucose:
- Fasting BG & average BG continue to improve and CV% is holding steady at ~13% (very good).
- TIR is low again, due to spending too much time below 70 mg/dL. I suspect this is due to increased insulin sensitivity from losing weight, so I'm going to try backing off on my insulin doses.
- Still seeing steady drop in weight and waistline. I'm very happy with my progress here.
- Hemoglobin continues to be on the high end of normal range. Still doesn't matter.
- Slight trend down in cholesterol (total, LDL, and HDL). Will keep an eye on.
- Cardiocheck PA continues to give reliable readings (and matched Quest blood work).
- Blood pressure continues to run slightly high. Need to check against the Dr's at my next appointment
- Nothing interesting in this data. My values for biotin, pH, & Vitamin C are outside of the "normal" range, but I haven't been able to find any literature indicating that this is even correlated with medical issues I would be concerned about.
- In 5 tests, I've only gotten a reading on cortisol twice. That measurements seems to be extremely unreliable.
- All-in-all, I'm not getting much value out of the vessel tests. I will finish out the pack I bought and then stop.
Active & Planned Experiments
- Comprehensive bloodwork:
- Goal: Establish baseline for a broad range of biomarkers and check overall health
- Approach: WellnessFX Premium panel
- Status: Got the results, need to analyze and write up.
- Testing methods of sleeping longer:
- Goal: Determine interventions that will enable me to stay asleep longer
- Approach: Melatonin?, will ask in several forums to get suggestions
- Status: posting in forums this week
Data Processing & Visualization. Data was visualized using Tableau.