It's been a long time. For the past five months, I was working on a COVID-related project that took up all of my spare time. The project just ended so I'm going to get back to the QD project.
To everyone who reached out over last few months, thank you. I really appreciated your kind words, questions, and encouragement. It was a big part of my motivation to start this back up.
Here's the plan for the next few experiments/posts:
- Complete analysis and write up final report for the food effect study
- In addition to what I've already posted, I have data for corn starch, erythritol, inulin powder, and glucose+oat fiber.
- Re-tune basal and bolus (meal) insulin doses
- My routine has changed a lot due to working from home, changing doctors, and changing medication (due to insurance requirements). Plus, I was able to get a Dexcom G6 CGM, which is showing accuracy comparable to my blood glucose meter. Blood sugars are still good, but I think I can get them better.
- Re-measure blood sugar impact of glucose and insulin; compare to previous data
- While working from home, I've gained some weight (and hopefully muscle). This has resulted in a change in my insulin sensitivity. Not huge, but I need to remeasure to have an accurate baseline for future experiments.